BBYO Assistant Director MJCCA
POSITION TITLE: BBYO Assistant Director
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours)
Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on, because the BBYO program at MJCCA is looking for awesome talent to join our team as Assistant Director.
The BBYO Assistant Director plays a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens to create strong programs, develop leadership skills and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact in the Atlanta community by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
BBYO Atlanta Council is an 89-year-old program in the Atlanta area and an integral part of the MJCCA’s Teen Department. The MJCCA Teen Department focuses on providing volunteer opportunities and skill-building classes for teens in middle school and high school. There are over 2500 teens in grades 6-12 involved in the MJCCA Teen Department with 900 high school age BBYO members. The BBYO Assistant Director will work in partnership with the BBYO Director and BBYO Program Coordinator to oversee the programmatic standards that have been set for the 11 chapters, their leaders and the council leadership as well as conventions and city-wide programming. The BBYO Assistant Director will participate in meetings and experiences sponsored by the MJCCA Teen Department as well as local and national BBYO and JCCA leadership programs.
The BBYO Assistant Director will:
- Oversee all program and convention logistics which may include but not limited to booking event sites and transportation, maintaining attendance and rosters, pre-programmatic communication, submitting marketing materials and invoices for payment
- Oversee the BBYO volunteer advisor program, including recruiting, interviewing, orientation, ongoing trainings and appreciation
- Manage and maintain all chapter bank accounts
- Administer 8th/9th grade recruitment process and placement of teens in chapters
- Oversee chapter boards including their communication to members/parents, elections, programming, and problem-solving chapter issues under the direction of the BBYO Director
- Develop relationships with other teen professional staff throughout Atlanta, as well as other community professionals who work with Jewish teens
- Recruit and manage staff to volunteer for BBYO conventions and events as scheduled
- Attend and supervise teen programs and BBYO conventions as scheduled
- Serve as leadership staff/facilitator at designated BBYO summer program for 2-3 weeks
MJCCA Teens Connect
- Oversee and direct the MJCCA Teens Connect program for 6-8th graders
- Responsible for developing annual program calendar, hiring staff, managing budget, and planning implementation timelines for all events
- Work directly with BBYO team leadings to enhance the involvement of AZA/BBG into MJCCA Teens Connect
- Develop parent relationships to help build and market the program
General Programmatic Support
- Manage email communications, mailing lists, social media, and marketing in partnership with Marketing Department
- Manage all program location bookings
- Other responsibilities that may arise as needed to support BBYO, Teen Connect, and other Teen Department Programming
What You’ll Learn as an Assistant BBYO Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other JCC and BBYO communities