Reports to: Director of Annual Giving
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA) is among the largest Jewish community centers in the world! The MJCCA is a thriving, dynamic, ever changing organization serving over 60,000 people each year. The MJCCA’s modern, multi-purpose Zaban Campus sits on 52 acres in Dunwoody where people across all generations participate in every possible kind of program that helps people meet their newest lifelong friends, learn new skills and enhance their overall quality of life.
If you join our 500 full- and part-time family of staff members, you will be part of an amazing agency that has been voted as a Top 100 Workplace for 7 years in a row.
This is definitely a full-time gig - Monday – Friday with some additional late nights and weekends. You’ll report to the Director of Annual Giving but be part of an energetic and self-motivated team. The MJCCA provides eligible employees a benefits package including, but not limited to, FREE MEMBERSHIP (awesome fitness center and classes!) medical and dental insurance, 403(b), paid holidays (including Jewish holidays), personal days and sick days – and friendship with your colleagues!. Find out more by visiting our website at www.atlantajcc.org.
Now, the boring part…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Full-time development operations and database coordinator position. The Donor Services Coordinator will work with a strong team to manage the Raiser’s Edge database, as well as the MJCCA’s CRM database. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is essential to the day to day functions of this position. Responsibilities include:
• Manage, process and populate all donor information into Raiser’s Edge and/or the MJCCA’s CRM database
• Enter and update all donor contact information
• Track donations and pledge due dates
• Invoice donors for unpaid pledges
• Daily gift entry and letter processing
• Build and run unique queries, exports, analysis reports, appeal lists, and electronic mailing lists in both Raiser’s Edge and CRM for development and marketing mailing purposes.
• Analyze statistics and identify trends.
• Respond to requests from development staff for changes to the database.
• Generate various mailing lists for the development department staff.
• Create and generate various financial and dashboard reports for the department.
• Reconcile monetary gifts monthly with the Accounting Department.
• Manage financial donations and transactions for the development department.
• Handle donor acknowledgement, recognition and billing process.
• Manage gift processing and entry, timely generation and distribution of the daily contribution logs, acknowledgement letter processing, and filing for individual file.
• Manage database expansion/clean-up of existing data sources and ensure constituent data is fresh, current and as enhanced as possible to ensure the most effective use of all the information available.
• Coordinate relevant activities related to donations with Accounting Department.
• Provide the Development Department with technical support for Raiser’s Edge.
• Assist IT Department with assessing Development Department software needs.
• Assist with the design and administration of agency surveys
• Assist the Development Department as needed.
• Excellent time management required
• The ability to stay calm in an ever-changing environment is a must
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years’ Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
• Advanced problem solving skills essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and CRM systems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Salesforce a bonus
• Strong organizational skills
• Professional and courteous demeanor