Group Exercise Instructor
Group Exercise Instructor Reports to Group Fitness Director
Part-time position with potential for full-time 20+ hours/week employees are eligible for agency program discounts. Competitive Salary. CPR certification classes available. MJCCA is centrally located in Metro Atlanta.
- Completion of General Group Exercise Instructor certification
- Current First Aid/ CPR/ AED Certification
- Professional behavior
- Positive attitude
- Ability to manage groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Creative & Enthusiastic
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to flourish without direct supervision
- Access to electronic communication (e-mail) a must
- Previous paid experience as Group Exercise instructor highly preferred
- Create & Instruct Classes: Group Exercise instructor is responsible for developing choreography for his or her own classes. Instruction is normally done in a group setting, but can sometimes take place one-on-one if certain students appear to be struggling and ask for help.
- Ensure Safety: Group Exercise instructors ensure the safety of students before, during, and after each class. This can involve giving safety tips as the class progresses, monitoring students during the workout, and following up with participants once the class is over with.
- Greet Clients:Greet students upon their arrival before class to get to know them better and ensure they feel comfortable, as this will help them focus on their exercise more clearly.
- Maintaining Comfort and Cleanliness: Students want to work out in a clean and comfortable environment, so part of the duties of an instructor often involves making sure the workout studio is clean and that the temperature inside the room is appropriate for the class format.