Reports to: Group Fitness Director
Part-time position with potential for full-time 20+ hours/week employees are eligible for agency program discounts. Competitive Salary. CPR certification classes available. MJCCA is centrally located in Metro Atlanta
- Completion of Zumba® Basic Instructor training course
- Instructor must commit to teaching 2+ classes per week
- Current First Aid/ CPR/ AED Certification
- Professional behavior
- Positive attitude
- Ability to manage groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Creative & Enthusiastic
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Reliable transportation and access to electronic communication a must
- Previous paid experience as a Zumba® instructor highly preferred
- Develop Classes: Zumba® instructor is responsible for developing choreography for his or her own classes.
- Instruct Students: Instruct Zumba® to students and staff at the MJCCA. The instruction is normally done in a group setting, but can sometimes take place one-on-one whenever certain students appear to be struggling.
- Ensure Safety: Zumba® class instructors ensure the safety of students before, during, and after each session. This can involve giving safety tips as the class progresses, monitoring students during the workout, and following up with participants once the class is over with.
- Supervise Onboarding/ Attendance: Zumba® instructor is on hand to personally welcome new students and answer any questions they may have about the program.
- Greet Clients: Greet students upon their arrival before class to get to know them better and ensure they feel comfortable, as this will help them focus on their exercise more clearly.
- Maintaining Comfort and Cleanliness: Students want to work out in a clean and comfortable environment, so part of the duties of an instructor often involves making sure the workout studio is clean and that the temperature inside the room is properly regulated.