Book Festival of the MJCCA
The Book Festival of the MJCCA would not be possible without the hundreds of dedicated volunteers who make our event one of the most successful in our community. We urge you to join us as an event volunteer in any number of exciting volunteer opportunities. From "will call" to ushering, we are confident that you will find the volunteer experience to be both rewarding and entertaining.
EVENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Day-of Event Volunteers
Day-of event volunteers serve as our front-line Book Festival Goodwill Ambassadors and assist with event logistics, including ushering guests to their seats, taking tickets at the door, greeting festival-goers and directing them to program venues, and passing out playbills.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY!
We have a few important updates this year:
- All volunteers MUST choose at least ONE program; however, you may select as many as you like.
- Assignments are given on a first-come, first served basis. We will make every attempt to assign you to the programs you have selected, but we cannot guarantee placement for any program.
- We are no longer giving complimentary ticket vouchers in exchange for volunteering. We invite you to stay and enjoy your volunteer program WHEN your volunteer captain has released you from your assignment and IF there is available seating in the venue. (Volunteers may not save seats prior to any program.)
- All volunteers must attend a mandatory training session on either Sunday, Oct. 7 or Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018, at 10:30 am regardless of whether or not you volunteered last year or at any time in the past.
- All volunteers are asked to dress in black bottoms and white tops; we will supply you with your volunteer credential.
We are grateful for your support and hope to see you during this upcoming festival season.
Sign-Up to Volunteer Here