Harris Jacobs Dream Run
The Harris Jacobs Dream Run was created more than 20 years ago to serve our community with a fun, active, and family-friendly event that honors the memory of a past president of the MJCCA and influential member of the Atlanta Jewish community, Harris Jacobs (z”l). Proceeds support the Blonder Family Department for Special Needs, a unique and welcoming home where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities can socialize, learn, grow, and deepen their connections to one another and the community.
Join us for the 22nd Annual Harris Jacobs Dream Run!
Sunday, May 3, 2015
7:00 am - Race day registration begins on-site
8:00 am - 5K Road Race/Walk
8:15 am - Special Needs Community Walk
Bring the family and join us for our huge post-race party with food, music, raffles, and local vendors.
in partnership with the Blonder Family Department for Special Needs
Both the 5K Road Race/Walk and the Special Needs Community Walk begin and end at Zaban Park and follow a course through family-friendly Dunwoody neighborhoods.
New This Year
- Chip Timing at Start and Finish Lines
All 5K runners will be chip timed to ensure ultimate accuracy with all race results
- Proceeds will support the Blonder Family Department for Special Needs
- Race Expo & Packet Pick-Up at MJCCA
Explore vendor and sponsor tables, win prizes and pick-up your packet before race day.
- Thursday, April 30, 2015, 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Friday, May 1, 2015, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Special Needs Community Walk
One mile Community Walk for youth and adults around the lake at the MJCCA.
- 2016 AJC Peachtree Roadrace Qualifier
The Harris Jacobs Dream Run is now a certified course. Use your time to qualify for a start wave in the AJC Peachtree Road Race in 2016!
- High-Performance T-Shirts
All pre-registered runners/walkers will receive a men's or women's cut high-performance t-shirt.
- Team Challenge
Special group rates for pre-registered teams of at least 5 runners; the team with the fastest time (top 5 times) wins the challenge.
- Awards and Prizes following the Race
Prizes include Mizuno running shoes, tickets to an Atlanta Hawks game, Dick’s Sporting Goods gift cards, Marriott vacation package, and much more.
- 5K Road Race/Walk: $25 by April 20th; $30 after April 20th; $35 on Race Day
(Group discounts available for teams of five or more runners- $5 discount per runner)
- Phantom Runner: $30 (“Don’t make me sweat, just send me the great shirt!”)
- Special Needs Community Walk: $15
(Group discounts available for teams of five or more walkers - $12 each)
Thank You to Our 2015 Presenting & Gold Sponsors