- Participants will be assigned to small group cohorts of no more than 15 children and 3 to 4 staff members. Cohorts will engage with each other, but not with other cohorts, unless social distancing can be applied. Groupmate requests can be made but are not guaranteed.
- Children need to bring their own snacks daily. Children are not permitted to share food brought from home.
- Groups will have their own designated learning space indoors and a designated activity space outdoors at our MJCCA Day Camps grounds.
- We will operate in accordance with public health and CDC guidelines.
- Children and staff are required to arrive to the MJCCA wearing a mask and should have an extra mask in their backpacks.
- Staff will be required to wear masks all day, except for when eating/drinking and during outdoor mask breaks while socially distanced.
- Children and staff will be required to wear masks while indoors and social distancing is not possible. When outdoors, children will be allowed to remove masks while socially distanced.
- More information on our COVID-19 protocols can be found below in our FAQ section.
Important Registration Instructions
If the birthday or grade fields are already populated, please do NOT edit those fields. Also, if you get to the “Pay” button but it doesn’t work, look at the top bar where it says questions and waivers. If the questions button is lit up in red, it means you accidentally did not answer at least one of the required questions. Please go back to answer all questions with a red asterisk next to them. If it lights up green and you’ve signed all waivers, the payment button should work. If it does not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Club J?
What is the eligibility for enrollment?
How are your prioritizing registration?
Are you creating a wait list?
What are the rates for Club J?
5 Days a Week: $4,250/year ($425/month)
4 Days a Week: $4,150/year ($415/month)
3 Days a Week: $4,000/year ($400/month)
Transportation Fee: additional $25 per week, per child
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, there is an additional transportation fee of $25 per child, per week.
- Bus spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bus space is limited to one child per row (exception for siblings) and masks are required while riding the bus.
- Transportation is only available from schools that have a minimum of 10 full-time Club J children who have signed up for bus transportation.
- You will be notified if your child’s school is part of the Club J transportation route by June 18, 2021.
- Families who provide their own transportation to Club J will not be charged the Transportation Fee.
All Club J participants must be current members of the MJCCA (part of a Family or Single Parent membership in good standing). Club J is a 10-month program (August-May). Club J will be closed for several religious and secular holidays throughout the year. Please refer to our calendar for specific dates of operation and closings. Fees are determined according to your child’s scheduled attendance and are divided into 10 equal payments, billed monthly from August 2021 to May 2022, regardless of the number of days Club J is operating each month. Charges for Club J are debited from your credit card or checking account on the 3rd of every month. Any changes in your child’s enrollment schedule must be approved in advance and are subject to a $25 change fee per change. Please provide written notification two weeks prior to the date the change will go into effect. Refunds for absences or missed days are not issued.
A $50 non-refundable registration fee and $100 deposit per child is due at time of registration. The $100 deposit will be applied to the final Club J payment. Registration fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after June 30, 2021. Tuition rates do not include membership to the MJCCA nor costs associated with School’s Out Camps.
When will my Club J enrollment be confirmed?
What schools does Club J pick up from?
What happens if bus transportation is not available for my child? ?
What is the cancellation and refund policy for Club J?
Withdrawals must be provided in writing with a two-week notice. Club J is billed monthly – so once a withdrawal is requested – your family can receive a pro-rated credit for the remainder of that month. Registration fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after June 30, 2021.
If your child’s cohort has a positive COVID-19 case, the entire cohort will be required to quarantine for two weeks. We are erring on the side of caution to do everything possible to prevent and limit transmission. Please note, no refunds will be given for tuition during a temporary class or school closure that lasts 14 days or fewer.
Do you offer financial assistance for Club J?
Financial assistance is available to Club J Families. To learn more or to begin the application process, please “Sign in” at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4LCK6 if you have used our FACTS financial assistance system before, or, click on “Create a username & password” to create an online account if you are new to FACTS. Priority will be given to the financial assistance applications that are submitted by June 12, 2021.
For more information, contact Barbara Vahaba, Financial Assistance Coordinator at 678.812.4142 or at Barbara.Vahaba@atlantajcc.org. All inquiries and financial assistance applications are kept confidential.
In order to be considered for financial assistance, a completed registration form must be submitted online.
Payment for the registration fee and deposit must be received at the time of registration. Your remaining fees will begin to be charged through our payment plan option based on a 25% discount until your financial assistance amount is determined. Once you receive your actual financial assistance award, we will adjust any remaining payments accordingly.
In the event that financial assistance is not accepted, your deposit will be refunded or credited to your account after submission of a refund request in writing by emailing email@example.com.
How will cohorts be formed? How many per group?
Will my child need to wear a mask?
Will you be providing a snack?
Is there a lost and found?
What will drop-off and pick-up look like?
Is late drop-off or early pick-up allowed?
Are visitors allowed at Club J?
How will Club J Directors communicate with parents?
Will my child be able to receive medication?
Will my child be encouraged to wash their hands throughout the day?
What happens if a child/staff gets sick while at Club J?
- If someone is suspected of being, they will visit the nurse.
- If the nurse decides a camper presents symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever greater than 99.5°F, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, and/or vomiting), the camper will be separated from the group until a parent/guardian can pick them up from camp. They will be supervised by an adult from 6 feet apart.
- In accordance with our local health mandate: Children will not be permitted to return to Club J until they have either had a negative COVID-19 PCR test or have been fever- and fever medication-free for seventy-two (72) hours, other symptoms have improved, AND at least ten (10) days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
What happens if a child/staff is exposed to COVID -19?
- The person exposed will be required to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- This excludes people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months (proof of positive test including date must be shown); and/or people who have been fully vaccinated within the past three months (proof of vaccination must be shown).
- The person exposed is not permitted to return to the MJCCA until they have been fever- and fever medication-free for seventy-two (72) hours, (if symptoms were present – other symptoms have improved) and at least 14 days have passed since exposure.
- The MJCCA will request that campers/staff who have been exposed do not return to the MJCCA until a negative PCR test is taken on day 10 after exposure and the 14-day quarantine has passed.
COMMUNICATION: If a person in a cohort has a direct exposure to COVID+, the Cohort will be notified that a person in their cohort was in direct contact with someone who tested positive – and we will be in further contact if we learn more details. We request members contact MJCCA about COVID positive results and require staff to contact MJCCA with COVID positive results.
What procedure is in place if a staff member or child tests positive for COVID-19?
- If a person who is at Club J (staff or child) gets sick while at Club J, we will follow CDC guidelines for isolation until that person leaves the campgrounds. If the diagnosis is positive, we will notify each family in the cohort individually.
- The cohort containing the camper/staff with a positive COVID-19 test will be asked to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- The child/staff who tests positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted to return to the MJCCA until they have been fever- and fever medication-free for seventy-two (72) hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 14 days have passed since symptoms first appeared. In the case of an asymptomatic person, they must quarantine for 14 days from the date of their positive test.
- The MJCCA will work with the Board of Directors, Camp Directors, and local health officials to determine if a full camp closure is needed for a certain amount of time.
It is important that people remain in quarantine for the full 14 days even if they test negative at some point during the quarantine period. A negative test does not shorten quarantine. – Georgia Department of Health
Please note, no refunds will be given for tuition during a temporary class or school closure that lasts 14 days or fewer.
Do I need to submit any health information for my child?
Parents must certify that that their child is up to date on all required immunizations appropriate for the child’s age. If not, they must provide appropriate documentation for a medical exemption. (Certification by parent or legal guardian required). Only medical exemptions approved by the MJCCA will be allowed.
Why are you using 99.5 as your temperature for a fever and not 100.4?
Will staff receive additional safety training?
Will I need to sign a waiver?
Do you have any behavior guidelines for Club J?
Yes. Children attending our program must:
- Participate safely and willingly with a group of peers in a variety of settings and activities.
- Remain with the group and follow directions provided by staff.
- Cooperate with and respect all staff, other children, MJCCA equipment and facilities.
- Display non-aggressive behaviors.
- Not pose a threat to themselves or others.
Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines will result in immediate dismissal and inability to return, with no refund. More information regarding behavior can be found in the parent handbook. We highly advise reviewing this with your child before the first day. Due to the program modifications made this year as the result of COVID-19, we want all parents to acknowledge that it may not be the best fit for every child. We are unable to tolerate any behavioral issues of any kind for the safety and well-being of all children and staff. Club J behavior guidelines can be found here.
What are your inclusion guidelines?
- Children who participate safely and willingly with a group of peers in a variety of settings and activities
- Children who display non-aggressive behaviors
- Children who can keep their hands to themselves
- Children who don’t pose a threat to themselves or others
- Children who remain with the group and follow directions provided by staff
- Children who understand the difference between right and wrong decisions
Should behavior incidents occur, each participant and incident is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- What was happening before the incident?
- What are the known challenges for this participant?
- What are the participant’s goals (i.e. social skills, self-regulation, etc.)
Should there be challenges that consistently present themselves, it will be up to the staff discretion whether to put one-to-one facilitation in place or if dismissal is necessary. Should it be determined that facilitation will be require, we encourage all families to provide their own support staff. If you need assistance in this process, we can help you. Please note, if we are able to provide the staff for you, there is an additional charge of $350/week based on a 5 day enrollment schedule. Additionally, it may take some time to get staff hired in our system. Your child will not be allowed to return to the program until this process is completed. While we aim for a 2-week turn around, we have encountered situations where it has been longer.
The MJCCA’s Inclusion Program strives to provide the necessary accommodations and flexibility for youth who require additional support so they may access the transformative opportunities available at the MJCCA. Our Inclusion Team collaborates with parents, educators, and staff to determine if successful program placement is possible. These youth and their families are then supported by our Inclusion Team through program accommodations and may also receive individualized assistance. Click here for more information.